I get it, You work 10 plus hours a day, you hit the gym, you’re starving and the last thing you want to do it refuel with a complex meal that takes more than 15 minutes to prepare. I get it. So I got you! This gluten-free macaroni salad is by far my FAVORITE macaroni salad in the world. Nothing ever compares to this for me. The best part is it’s versatile. You can eat Marcaroni salad with anything: wild caught fish, grass-fed steak, cage-free chicken breast, or whatever organic meat you desire. Throw in an organic salad and I promise you have a meal in 15 minutes!
Again, this recipe is easy! I can whip it up really quickly and it can easily be doubled, tripled, or quadrupled for any event or saved to eat throughout the week.
Gluten-Free Macaroni Salad
- 1 pound gluten-free macaroni pasta, such as brown rice or quinoa.
- 1 cup organic vegan mayonnaise.
- 1 cup organic greek yogurt
- 1 small organic onion, diced small
- 1 teaspoon organic maple syrup
- 1/2 tablespoon raw apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon organic dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon organic dried sweet basil
- 1 teaspoon organic dried parsley
- salt & pepper to taste
1. Prepare the gluten free pasta until al dente (it will have a slight “bite” to it), this way the pasta can absorb the macaroni greek yogurt without getting overly mushy. Once the gluten free pasta reaches al dente during cooking, remove from the heat, drain the pasta, and rinse well with cold water. Let the pasta drain while you prepare the dressing.
2. To make the dressing: all you did is add the mayo, greek yogurt, onion, vinegar, tarragon, basil, parsley, salt, and pepper in a big bowl and mix very well until incorporated.
3. Add the drained pasta to the dressing and mix well until all the noodles are coated. Let sit in the fridge at least 2 to 3 hours before serving.
4. Enjoy! This Gluten Free Macaroni Salad is sure to please.
- Serving Size: 2 ounces
- Calories: 283
- Protein: 8 grams, 8.6%
- Fat: 31 grams, 33.6%
- Carbohydrates: 53 grams, 57.6%
- Eating Strategy Friendly: Lacto vegetarian, South Beach (Phase 2, 3), Gluten Free, Blood Type (Blood Group AB)
To your health!
Your Goals + Our Design = Get You Fit